Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCC 14.1 Compiler Aiming For Release Around 7 May

Phoronix: GCC 14.1 Compiler Aiming For Release Around 7 May

As mentioned following the AMD GFX90C target being added, the GCC 14 compiler code was branched from the main Git branch with release preparations for GCC 14 underway. A status report was just published outlining release plans for getting GCC 14.1 stable out around 7 May...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Gentoo lets you try GCC 14 already today

Comment

I hope this comes with -gcodeview...

Comment

Would be good for the extended GCC14 benchmarks if you did it against LLVM with...
        GCC-14 vs LLVM-18
        • -O2
        • -O2 -flto
        • -O2 -flto=auto (GCC)
        • -O2 -flto=thin (LLVM)
        • -O3
        • -O3 -flto
        • -O3 -flto=auto (GCC)
        • -O3 -flto=thin (LLVM)
        • -Ofast
        • -Ofast -flto
        • -Ofast -flto=auto (GCC)
        • -Ofast -flto=thin (LLVM)

Comment

The change log is currently missing a feature, that I think is important for the C++ ecosystem: C++ module scanning for named modules (P1689R5) is now available.
          This is required for build tools like CMake and Meson to figure out module-related dependencies. Without this feature, build tools needs to implement a C++ parser.

I don't know why the patch is not applied to the change log, it is from Ben Boeckel who is the author of the feature. https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-pa...er/637438.html

Comment

Working...
          X